Vero Beach, Florida is nestled along the Treasure Coast and is the largest city in River County. With slightly more than 17,000 residents, Vero Beach is famous for its white sand beaches, public access trails, and walkways from which people can take in breathtaking ocean views while enjoying the natural tropical beauty. While the small city is beautiful, some people find themselves charged with criminal offenses in Vero Beach.
If you are facing criminal charges, it is critical for you to find an experienced and knowledgeable Vero Beach criminal defense lawyer to defend against your charges. The experienced defense lawyers at Kirschner & McEnery Law, Chartered provide highly skilled criminal defense representation for people facing criminal charges in Vero Beach and the surrounding area. Our firm has amassed a highly successful track record on behalf of our clients throughout Florida, and we tailor our defense strategies to the facts and circumstances of each case and our client’s individual needs.
Defense attorney Jonathan Jay Kirschner, Esq. is a board-certified criminal lawyer through the Florida Board of Legal Specialization who has provided aggressive and skilled defense representation to clients in South Florida since 1984. After co-chairing a jury trial with attorney Stephanie McEnery and earning a not-guilty verdict on behalf of their client, attorneys Kirschner and McEnery agreed to join forces to provide top-level criminal defense services to clients facing criminal charges. Attorney McEnery received recognition for winning 30 dismissals in a single month, and she litigated 26 jury trials in slightly less than four years despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
Together, our attorneys provide criminal defense representation to clients facing all levels of crimes, including the following:
• Drug Crimes – The experienced criminal defense lawyers in Vero Beach at Kirschner & McEnery Law represent people facing all levels of drug charges, including possession of small amounts of marijuana to major trafficking offenses involving methamphetamines, heroin, cocaine, and others. If you are facing any level of drug charge, we are prepared to aggressively defend you against your charges.
• Violent Crimes – Homicide, murder, and other violent crimes require the help of an experienced and skilled defense lawyer. Violent crime cases are often complex, necessitating in-depth investigations and the help of investigators and experts to build the strongest defenses. Attorneys Jonathan Jay Kirshner and Stephanie McEnery understand how to build strong defense cases to counter the allegations in cases involving violent crimes and will work to protect you from the potentially severe consequences you might face.
• Computer Crimes – Many crimes can be charged based on alleged activities on computers. These types of offenses might include solicitation, production or possession of pornography, identity theft, and fraud. If you are facing any of these types of charges, you should talk to the knowledgeable defense lawyers at Kirschner & McEnery Law.
• Assault and Battery Offenses – Assault and battery offenses can be charged as misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the facts and circumstances. Regardless of whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony, you should talk to an experienced defense lawyer at our firm. These types of charges can result in lengthy sentences to incarceration. In many cases, our attorneys can help our clients secure dismissals, not-guilty verdicts, or favorable plea offers.
• Serious Traffic Crimes – Certain actions while driving can result in serious charges, including driving under the influence, driving while intoxicated, or vehicular homicide. These are among the most serious crimes that you can be charged with after driving in Vero Beach. The attorneys at Kirschner & McEnery Law are prepared to fight for your rights when you are facing these types of charges.
• Burglary and Theft Crimes – If you are facing burglary or theft charges, you should speak to an experienced Vero Beach criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. Theft and burglary charges can permanently impact your ability to find employment long after your sentence has been discharged. We can provide you with highly skilled defense representation to help you secure the most favorable resolution possible for your charges.
When you are facing criminal charges, it is important to choose an attorney and law firm with the right experience to handle your case. A competent, skilled defense lawyer at Kirschner & McEnery Law will carefully review the facts and evidence in your case to identify problems in the prosecution’s case and the most appropriate defense strategies to pursue. You can help your lawyer prepare a strong case by being honest and providing complete information about what happened. Your attorney will investigate what happened to find mitigating evidence, favorable witnesses, and potential alibis to bolster your defense.
Depending on the facts and circumstances, your Vero Beach criminal defense lawyer might be able to win the dismissal of your charges or secure a reduced plea. However, we are prepared to fight for you before a judge and jury if necessary to protect your rights and freedom. Our attorneys can provide you with skilled representation inside and outside of court and will work to provide you with effective defense strategies to defend against your case.
If you are facing criminal charges, or your loved one has been charged with a crime in Vero Beach, Florida, call us today at 772-489-8501. We can help you understand the charges you are facing and the potential defenses that might be available, and we are prepared to provide the best possible defense representation in your case.